WOW! It really has been a long time since we've updated this blog! I'm so sorry about that. As I was browsing through old pictures and deleting some to make room for new ones, it occurred to me how much really can happen in just two short years! When we packed the suburban in December of 2006 and started our journey, neither of us could have ever dreamed what God had in store for our new life here in Lake City. We have seen Him provide for us spiritually, emotionally, financially, and physically over and over again. And now, He is allowing us to experience the joy and privilege of bringing a new little life into the world. Right now, we are counting down three and a half more weeks until the arrival of Baby Stella :) In the midst of baby showers, nursery preparations, to-do lists, travel plans for family, date-nights, baby registries, youth events, and planning meetings, the overwhelming thought is that of incredible joy- that we will get to meet this baby soon!!
I have pondered so many spiritual parallels since first becoming pregnant.( I actually never thought pregnancy was all that weird until I had the chance to experience it!!) I am amazed that BILLIONS of women have done this and continue to do this all over the world. But, I know that every time a couple or an individual experiences the miracle of life it is a profoundly life-changing experience (well, for the majority it is.) What a testimony to our CREATOR!! Even though so much of Eve's curse in Genesis 3 has to do with the pain of bringing a child into the world, our God who is SOOO full of grace allows this experience to be one of the most satisfying a human being could ever imagine.
I'm sure that our next several blog entries will be about the ups and downs and revelations God reveals to us through having a child. I don't know what to expect of this next adventure... but I do know that He who breathed life into us to begin with, has more in store than we could ever dream :)
4 comments:
YAY!! An update!! I love yall picture and miss you so much I could cry!! :') Can't wait for the arrival of your little one (that we will hopefully get to meet as soon as we find place to stay up there this summer for a week or so)
I can tell you this... having a baby... it only gets better :) A mommys love is the best thing in the world :)
HUGS!
Yey! Happy happy for you! It seems forever since I've heard from you, but you guys are awesome blessed. Thanks for updating this! Kids really are so awesome, and it will be a pleasure for you to experience! And yes, its amazingly challenging too (its worth it to cling to other people as it helps a bunch, and now I'll refrain from giving any other unwanted advice). You can see how we are at my blog, www.elisasue.blogspot.com
Take care!
You will love it~
Post a Comment